Household Worker Account
During these unprecedented times, you can care for those who care for your home and your loved ones. Barwa Bank introduces the Household Worker Account, an account that ensures every household worker can receive their monthly salary, transfer money internationally online or via Western Union, pay for expenses and enjoy several other benefits all while staying safe indoors. As a sponsor, follow these steps to open a Household Worker Account and issue a Debit Card:
1. Visit any Barwa Bank branch to submit the request
2. Only customers with a Salary Transfer account at Barwa Bank can apply to open this account for his/her household worker
3. Kindly carry the following documents:
- Savings Account opening form (signed by household worker)
- Original QID, passport, and mobile number of the household worker as well as of sponsor
- Undertaking letter* (signed by the sponsor), signature verification is required
4. Savings Account (in QAR) will be opened in the name of household worker under DHW (Domestic Home Workers)
5. Activation of the card will be done upon contacting the Call Center (The call should be made from the household worker’s registered mobile number)
6. Mobile banking facility is available for banking and remittance services; to use the Barwa Bank Mobile Banking App, download it from the App Store or Google Play and register today
*Undertaking letter to be signed by the sponsor confirming that he/she is authorized to open the account and hand over the card to his/her household worker personally and inform the bank once the contract is cancelled to settle the remaining balance in favour of the worker.
We encourage you to support your household workers during these difficult times with their banking needs and apply for the Household Worker Account today.
Terms & Conditions Apply